Thursday, May 22, 2014

DIY-Natural Hair and Face Masks

Ingredients:
1 ripe avocado
1 spoon full of honey
as many drops of lavender as you'd like

Ingredients:
Half a lemon
1 tablespoon of honey
raw honey is better :)

Fresh lemons!! Yay!

The Avocado Mask combines honey, lavender and avocado to lift pollutants out of your hair, stimulate the hair follicles, moisturize/seal the cuticle and sooth your nerves.

I like to leave my hair mask on for 45 minutes to an hour. I rinse my hair really well, shampoo twice with my favorite, Avalon Organics Volumizing Shampoo and follow it up with a cold rinse. Im not big into conditioners so I finish up with The Beauty Protectors Protect and Detangle. It's light, has UV protection and smells divine! 

I suggest letting your hair dry about 80% before you go in and smooth it out with a round brush and blow dryer. 

For the face mask I've combined honey and lemon to brighten and moisturize. Be careful with the amount of lemon you put in, it can be a little irritating to sensitive skin. If you're new to this mask, start out with a small amount of lemon and gradually work your way up or do a patch test. 
Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse with cool water. Pat dry and you have hydrated and brightened skin!

I hope you enjoy these 2 easy, quick, earth friendly beauty treats! Mother Nature does it best.

XX

5 comments:

  1. you are pure sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this hair mask recipe. My hair's so damaged from the NYC water. Do you have a any tips for split ends? I have a ton of them. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Candace! I have a great little secret but its not natural. I love Redkens Extreme Anti Snap.

      Delete
  3. My wife is thinking of trying this. Couple of questions though, will the hair mask have any effect on colored hair? Also, she likes conditioner from time to time. I know you don't, but do you think the conditioner from the people that make the shampoo you recommend is any good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mask will not have any adverse reactions on colored hair so don't worry :) I do really like Avalon Organics Lavender Conditioner. Give it a try and let me know how it works!

      Delete